Some golden classics from the bygone era are evergreen. But due to aging the picture quality of these films start deteriorating with scratches, grains and other such marks. With the process of Digital restoration, the quality of these films can be restored and also upgraded in many cases. The digital restoration process that we offer at Ultra includes manual frame by frame restoration using world-class technology.
Latest, industry recognized hardware and software like Diamant, PF Clean, Revival, Dust Buster, DVO are used by a team of experienced professionals to ensure the best possible output. Our team has worked and won awards for several prestigious national as well as international projects, which is why it is one of the best digital studios in India. Multiple programs are run in a parallel fashion to perform a wide range of corrections on the film such as:
- Dust, Dirt & Scratch Removal
- Advanced Grain Management
- Image Stabilization (usually not necessary when film is scanned on Arriscan)
- De-Warp, De-Spot, De-Stain, De-Fog
- Tri-Strip / YCM Recombine
- Audio Clean-up from single-pass Hiss-Click-Pop removal to full Audio Restoration
The software is capable of creating an Automatic & Semiautomatic workflow which is supervised and corrected by an experienced team of highly professional artists.
Data Delivery Formats
- HD (1080p) ProRes422(HQ), ProRes 4444, Uncompressed QTs
- 2k (2048x) ProRes 4444, 10bit DPX, 16bit TIFF
- 4k (4096x) ProRes 4444, 10bit DPX, 16bit TIFF
- Digital Video: HDCAM and HDCAM SR 4:2:2 and 4:4:4:4, Digital Betacam, Betacam SP, DVD
- DCI: Digital Cinema Distribution Masters (DCDM), Digital Cinema Packages (DCP)
- Hard Drive, LTO Disk